Located in the Southern Tier of New York, the fundamental purpose and objective of the Association is to promote and represent the common business interests of independent insurance agents in the Southern Tier, consistent with the best interests of the insurance buying public.
Established in 1950.
Current membership – 150 insurance agency professionals and five associate members.
Big I Southern Tier and You can make a difference.
We’re here for you.
Browse these helpful links for some quick resources in our Greater Binghamton area and on a national level!
Big I Southern Tier (which had several previous names) was established in 1950. Our membership is currently composed of 150 insurance agency professionals and 5 associate members.
In addition to our fundamental purpose and objective, the Association:
- Promotes high standards of conduct in the transaction of the insurance business;
- Promotes insurance education among its members and encourages greater industry and public understanding of the workings of the insurance business;
- Produces publications and programs designed to enhance the professional development of its membership;
- Communicates with the federal, state and local governing bodies, the insurance industry, and the public on relevant and important insurance matters;
- Communicates the benefits of purchasing insurance from independent agents;
- Generally promotes and encourages understanding, cooperation, and good relations among its members, the insurance industry, and the public;
- Communicates and educates members on matters pertaining to their conduct of the business of insurance.
News / Upcoming Events
Scheduled Board Meetings
The 2nd Tuesday of Each Month 8:30am at Park Diner Binghamton, NY
Our Annual Sponsored Events
An event in Albany to discuss the issues with our Legislators. The Association is always well represented.
Customer Service Representative Appreciation Dinner & Trivia
Annual Golf Outing
Proceeds to benefit Carl T. Ernstrom scholarship fund.
Binghamton I Day
Started in 1977, I Day includes free Continuing Education for members in the morning.
You can make a difference
Become part of Big-I of the Southern Tier today!