Established in 1950.
Current membership – 150 insurance agency professionals and five associate members.
Big I Southern Tier and You can make a difference.
We’re here for you.
Browse these helpful links for some quick resources in our Greater Binghamton area and on a national level!
Welcome to The Big I Southerntier website portal. Located in the Southern Tier of New York, the fundamental purpose and objective of the Association is to promote and represent the common business interests of independent insurance agents within the industry and before government and the public in the Southern Tier, consistent with the best interests of the insurance buying public.
The Association (which had several previous names) was established in 1950.
Our membership is currently composed of 150 insurance agency professionals and 5 associate members.
In furtherance of this fundamental purpose and objective, the Association:
- Promotes high standards of conduct in the transaction of the insurance business;
- Promotes insurance education among its members and encourages greater industry and public understanding of the workings of the insurance business and the American Agency System;
- Produces publications and programs designed to enhance the professional development of its membership;
- Communicates with and explains to the federal, state and local governing bodies, the insurance industry, and the public the ramifications of matters of direct interest to its members in their conduct of the business of insurance;
- Communicates the benefits of purchasing insurance from independent agents;
- And generally promotes and encourages understanding, cooperation, and good relations among its members, the insurance industry, and the public.
News / Upcoming Events
Scheduled Board Meetings
The 2nd Wednesday of Each Month 8:30am at Park Diner Binghamton, NY
Our Annual Sponsored Events
An event in Albany to discuss the issues with our Legislators. The Association is always well represented.
CE, Cocktails & Food Drive
Customer Service Representative Appreciation Dinner & Trivia
Annual Golf Outing
Binghamton I Day
Started in 1977, I Day includes free Continuing Education for members in the morning.