Established in 1950.
Current membership – 150 insurance agency professionals and five associate members.
Big I Southern Tier and You can make a difference.
We’re here for you.
Browse these helpful links for some quick resources in our Greater Binghamton area and on a national level!
Big I Southern Tier (which had several previous names) was established in 1950. Our membership is currently composed of 150 insurance agency professionals and 5 associate members.
In addition to our fundamental purpose and objective, the Association:
- Promotes high standards of conduct in the transaction of the insurance business;
- Promotes insurance education among its members and encourages greater industry and public understanding of the workings of the insurance business;
- Produces publications and programs designed to enhance the professional development of its membership;
- Communicates with the federal, state and local governing bodies, the insurance industry, and the public on relevant and important insurance matters;
- Communicates the benefits of purchasing insurance from independent agents;
- Generally promotes and encourages understanding, cooperation, and good relations among its members, the insurance industry, and the public;
- Communicates and educates members on matters pertaining to their conduct of the business of insurance.
News / Upcoming Events
Scheduled Board Meetings
The 2nd Wednesday of Each Month 8:30am at Park Diner Binghamton, NY
Our Annual Sponsored Events
An event in Albany to discuss the issues with our Legislators. The Association is always well represented.
CE, Cocktails & Food Drive
Customer Service Representative Appreciation Dinner & Trivia
Annual Golf Outing
Binghamton I Day
POSTPONED UNTIL 2022
Started in 1977, I Day includes free Continuing Education for members in the morning.